Thursday, June 16, 2005

just a thought

When I was in the United States, my friend said “ I don’t live to work, but I work to live.” His words shook me big time. He was originally from Central America, and told me that people in his home country generally think as he does. It could be cultural difference among nations.
It is just good to know other people think the same way I do, which makes me feel I am not alone in this world. Sometimes, you know, you feel like you are not understood because you are not one of them. I guess everyone feels that way during the course of her/his life.
Let me get back to my point here. I don’t live to work. I need to make money to eat, pay the rent, and buy things I need. If I don’t work, I will waste my time for sure. However, I don’t need money more than I need, and what I need is time as much as I need. The old saying “ time is money” represent the truth of human life. You can’t rewind time as you do watching videos. Since I was born in the world, count-down has already been in effect. If so, I would like to spend my time wisely and pleasantly. I have a bunch of things in my head. I managed to get in some of them, and haven’t been able to do so for some.
There is no time to space out, dude. The end is slowly but steadily coming toward us. I want to accept the end without any regrets.

No comments: